Project: B-Empowered Financial Coaching
This project piloted and evaluated the B-Empowered financial coaching program.
It used volunteer coaches to give one to one support to people who were facing financial struggles.
The initial 10 week intensive coaching phase enabled clients to:
- learn financial skills including budgeting and manage their spending, savings and debts,
- use goal-setting to stay motivated,
- stabilise their finances via food parcels, utility grants and supermarket food vouchers,
- build resilience to overcome financial stress,
- get assistance finding employment,
The program also offered assistance and advocacy with creditors.
After the intensive coaching, there was a 6-month follow-up phase as skills became habits and there were challenges to keeping goals on course.
The pilot included an external evaluation by First Person Consulting that focused on the particular impact of the coaching model.
The evaluation report is available here.