Project: B-Empowered Financial Coaching
This project is to pilot and evaluate the B-Empowered financial coaching program.
It uses volunteer coaches to give one to one support to people who are facing financial struggles.
The initial 10 week intensive coaching phase enables clients to:
- learn financial skills including budgeting and manage their spending, savings and debts,
- use goal-setting to stay motivated,
- stabilise their finances via food parcels, utility grants and supermarket food vouchers,
- build resilience to overcome financial stress,
- get assistance finding employment,
The program also offers assistance and advocacy with creditors.
After the intensive coaching, there is a 6-month follow-up phase as skills become habits and there are challenges to keeping goals on course.
The pilot includes an external evaluation by First Person Consulting that will focus on the particular impact of the coaching model.